Having competent and qualified drivers steering your fleet is of the utmost importance. A well-trained driver can potentially lower operational costs, and lowers the risk of accidents and other mishaps.
Drivio's Specialised Driving programmes offer small and large organisations, as well as governmental departments the following:
- Professional Driver Training for truck, bus, taxi and courier operators.
- Defensive Driver Training for individuals and groups.
- Advanced and Economical driver training for individuals and groups.
- Administrative Adjudication Road Traffic Offence (AARTO) training.
The interactive programme consists of both theoretical training on our e-learning platform, as well as practical training, both in our simulators and on the road.
- Drivers can work at their own pace and in their own time.
- More cost and time effective than traditional training methods.
- Improves comprehension and information retention while developing driver awareness and ability.
- TETA-approved Unit Standards.
- Standardised training for all drivers in your organisation.
- Best international training methods.
- Tailored on-the-road driver training to maximise driving skills.
- Continuous, automated assessments and quizzes, as well as printable progress reports.
The Defensive Driving course is designed for both learner and professional drivers. The course is a combination of theory and practical driver training to assist the student in improving awareness under different driving conditions. The course can be tailored to suit the needs of the client and can range between 4-8 hours of training.
The course covers the following training modules:
- Combining the K53 driving standard with defensive driving: vehicle inspections, blind spots, observations, etc.
- Safe driving: following distances, reaction times, emergency and cadence braking, adverse weather conditions.
- Vehicle forces: traction, braking, aerodynamic and inertial forces.
- Practical vehicle inspections: preliminaries before driving, manoeuvring in a yard and on-the-road driving.
- SIPDE and the system of vehicle control.
The Drivio Advanced and Economical Driving course is a full-day course that teaches you how to cope with emergency situations, and how to improve driving efficiency. Advanced driving teaches the learner how to manage and cope with emergency situations to avoid accidents.
The course is a combination of theory and practical training and covers the following
- Vehicle dynamics and performance and handling under different operational conditions.
- Skidpan training.
- Steering methods and over- and under-steering.
- Controlling the vehicle under emergency conditions.
- Changes in vehicle dynamics for different road surfaces and weather conditions (wet and dry).
- Vehicle systems that assist with traction, braking and engine control.
- Mechanical awareness and minimising mechanical losses.
- Green, Blue and Red band driving.
- Predicting the road conditions to improve your efficiency.
The introduction of The Administrative Adjudication of Road Traffic Offences Act, 1998, (Act No 46 of 1998) (AARTO), is a new system to deal with offenders who break the rules of the road.
This has changed the way companies, employees and private individuals have to respond to traffic violations. The complexity of AARTO requires organisations to ensure their drivers are adequately trained in AARTO to prevent the company's operations from being suspended.
The AARTO training course covers the entire Act and includes:
- Acknowledging the offence or how to nominate the offender.
- The demerit point system.
- Making a representation.
- The penalties and consequences of traffic infringements.