Drivio combines simulated driving lessons with traditional lessons to ensure that students reap the benefits of both learning methods. Our driving instructors do believe that the best way to prepare for your driving test is to practice both at Drivio and at home.
That being said, we’ve compiled a checklist of simple things to keep in mind when you’re practicing in your neighbourhood.
Before you start driving
- Make sure you review the rules of the road.
- Ensure that you always carry your learner’s license with you.
- Ensure that the car you are practicing in has its L plates and is in good condition.
- Find a superior with a license to practice driving with when you’re not practicing with Drivio’s instructors.
Checking your car
- Ensure that all tyres are inflated properly.
- Make sure that you have enough fuel and that the oil and water levels are in order.
- Adjust your seat in such a way as to maximise your visibility.
- Ask your superior to assist you to do blind spot checks.
- Make sure that you can reach the pedals comfortably.
- Check whether your brake and indicator lights are functioning well.
- Check whether your handbrake is in working order.
1. Practice driving in various locations on a weekly basis.
2. When you’re a bit more comfortable and confident, try to practice driving:
- In peak time traffic
- At night
- In rainy weather
- At a time when the sun is at its highest
3. Never drive when you’re tired or under the influence of alcohol or medication.
4. Don’t drive with music during your first few lessons, it may be too distracting.
When driving at night
- Turn on your headlights right around the time when visibility is reduced.
- If the driver approaching has his beams on, drive at a slower pace and look slightly to the left until the driver have passed.
- Only practice driving in well-lit, safe and familiar areas in your neighbourhood.
When driving in traffic
- Maintain a safe following distance.
- Be patient and drive at a slower pace.
- Communicate with fellow drivers using your indicators and lights.
- Brake smoothly.
When driving in rainy weather
- Keep your lights on.
- Keep a firm grip on the steering wheel.
- Take your time and anticipate wind gusts.
- Increase your following distance.
First time driver? No problem. Allow Drivio’s expert driving instructors to guide you through your entire learning journey from start to finish. Scared to start driving on the road? There’s no need to be! With Drivio’s state-of-the-art driving simulator you can practice driving in a safe environment without fear.
No need to procrastinate any longer. Contact us to book your first lesson!
Whether you’re seventeen or twenty-seven, taking your driver’s test is somewhat intimidating, wouldn’t you agree? Learning how to drive on a real road is something like a jungle filled with cars and taxis, pedestrians and directionless doves and – who knows what else – out there. It’s scary, but hey, it doesn’t have to be if you take your driving lessons at Drivio.
For now, let’s share with you 10 reasons why you should choose Drivio.
- It’s Safe. Drivio driving schools make use of a state-of-the-art driving simulator which allows you to learn how to drive without actually having to drive on a real road! This form of driving lessons completely eliminates the risk of accidents.
- It’s Fun. Seeing as you’re safe in the little red car, there’s no need to be nervous or frightened of injuring other drivers any longer as it’s not real. Drivio really puts the fun back into learning how to drive.
- It’s Real. What? But you just said-? We know, and that’s the beauty of it. Our simulated driving system have been developed by top experts in the world allowing students to experience everything a real driver would without the real-time risks of taking to the road an amateur.
- Personal driving instructor. Our diving instructors provide support to learners from the beginning of the learner’s test right through to escorting them to the driver’s test with thumbs up.
- Comprehensive e-learning system. The way learner’s tests are conducted have completely moved over to computers, thus we provide access to comprehensive learner’s licence education solely on interactive computers.
- Tailor made packages. Whether you are a student looking to learn how to drive, preparing to take your learner’s licence test or a professional looking to brush up on your skills, we have various packages available to suit your every requirement.
- You get a free shot at trying our driving simulator. Sceptical about the concept of learning how to drive inside a building? Does it even work? How does it work? Sign up for a test drive, so to speak, and allow us to transform your driving education experience forever.
- We have branches at various easy-to-reach places. We have branches in Hatfield (Pretoria) Moreleta, Vaal (Vanderbijlpark) and Parkmore (Sandton). Now you don’t have an excuse. Come and visit us in any of these locations for your free driving lesson. See more details here.
Don’t let fear or uncertainty, the unknown, hold you back. There’s no need to procrastinate when you have Drivio at your side. We are your very fair advantage. Have a look at our packages and contact your closest Drivio Driving School for more information.
Hatfield Branch – 081 447 9427
Moreleta Square Branch – 061 411 1003
Sandton Branch – 064 756 0847
Vaal Branch – 016 931 0633